Today I’ll discus about – How to Increase Metabolism so that you can lose weight and get a Flat Stomach Faster? But I’m sure many of you may be confused about or do not know at all – What is Metabolism? So let me first dive a bit into the basics and explain – What is Metabolism and Why is it important to increase your Body Metabolism?
What Is Metabolism?
Metabolism is the amount of energy (or Calories) that your body burns to maintain itself that is to do all the activities throughout the whole day. No matter what you are doing – eating, walking, sitting, running, reading, working on your computer, playing – your body is constantly burning calories to do all these activities. In fact your body metabolism also burns calories while you are simply thinking about something or even sleeping.
Why is it important to increase our Body Metabolism?
Metabolism as I stated above is the amount of energy our body uses up while performing different functions all throughout the day. So, if we can increase our body metabolism then our body will comparatively be burning more calories than before doing the same regular activities. As a result we will be able to increase our fat metabolism and thus reduce our body fat more easily and faster.
How To Increase Your Body Metabolism?
Any individual who wants to lose weight or body fat fast and get into shape faster must know – How to increase his or her natural body metabolism as this is the most vital key to efficient, permanent and fast fat loss. In fact if you know what are the Metabolism Boosters that can trick our system into increasing its metabolism then you are instantly on the track to lose your unwanted body fat faster and getting a flat stomach. This means you need to know the activities, foods and life style that acts as metabolism boosters. Mentioned below are a few things that will definitely help you to increasing your body metabolism :-
1. Never Skip Meals – You must never skip meals as skipping meals means that you are starving your body of the necessary calories so your body will slow down your metabolism so that it can reserve energy. So instead of starving or skipping meals you must break your major meals and have five to six small meals all through the day. This will make your body increase the metabolism rate as it will sense the continuous incoming flow of food.
2. Regular Exercise – Regular exercise is a must as exercises are great metabolism boosters. Better if you try out weight training, as weight training builds larger muscles in your body – larger muscles needs more calories so your body will burn more calories doing the same regular activities – thus a large boost in your metabolic process can be achieved. Aerobic workouts are also goods metabolism boosters in addition to being instant calorie boosters. So, you can try out a combination of weight training and aerobic exercises, doing weight training and aerobics on alternate days – each for three days a week. Working out in the morning is best so that your metabolism is boosted right from the morning. An early evening workout can also work well – at least better than no exercise at all.
3. Right Food – To increase your metabolism you need also to choose the right food. Your food must be rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals but must be low in carbohydrates and fat. A high protein diet no doubt helps in increasing your body metabolic rate. Also proteins stays longer in your stomach and so you have less cravings for food. The essential nutrients also helps in keeping your system healthy so that it can burn calories efficiently. Avoid junk food as it contains more of the unwanted fat and moreover it stresses your system and hinders your metabolic rate. Drink a lot of water as this will help to flush out the toxins from your body thus keeping your body healthy and your metabolism boosted.
4. Lemon + Luke Warm Water – Take a glass of luke warm water with a lemon two to three times in a day. This is said to increase your metabolism naturally and melt your body fat faster. Just a small extra tip!
5. Be Active – Never sit idle – always be active. As being active will speed up your metabolic process so that your body steps up the calorie consumption. Small changes to your life style can make a lot of difference and increase your body metabolism rate so that you can burn your body fat faster. Walk or Bicycle to the nearby grocery store rather than going by car, use the stairs instead of the lift or escalator, go out playing whenever you get time in the afternoon or evening instead of sitting and gossiping with friends, take an occasional stroll in your office whenever possible – go fetch your own file rather than ordering the peon, do some of your long pending household chores instead of taking an afternoon nap – these small things does make a lot of difference in keeping you active and thus boosting your body metabolism.
These are just a few important ways that can help you to increase your metabolism and help you to get a flat stomach fast. Do give your valuable comments about other ways of increasing metabolic rate.